Sprachcaffe English language programs for Teenagers in London - Ages 14-21
If there´s one certain thing in life, it´s that you will never be bored in London! Just take a look at "Time Out", the 'daddy' of all city-listings magazines to see the huge number of events and activities held in the city every week.
Over the centuries the city has embraced so many cultures from all over the world that a visitor simply cannot take all of them in.
The capital of England never sleeps! London
is always one step ahead of the rest of the
world. Clubs play the songs of the future and
shop windows let you admire the dresses of
tomorrow. London is a great mix of incredible
sounds, flavors and voices.
A must see location is Greenwich which lies on the River Thames, 20-minutes by rail, or a short river cruise from central London.
It is a lively, student centered area with dozens of cafés, bars and clothes boutiques.
London in a Nutshell
The history of the capital of the United Kingdom goes back two thousand years to when it was originally a Roman settlement by the river Thames in Southern England.
• Famous for
Fashion and shopping, the Royal Family, black taxis and double decker buses, the many famous sights, Notting Hill, the London Eye.
• School surroundings
Our school is located on the lower floors of a typical Victorian building in Ealing.
• Cities, towns and villages nearby
Brighton, Oxford, Cambridge.
• Places of interest
London Eye, National Gallery, Big Ben, Westminster Abbey, Buckingham Palace, Hyde Park, Speakers Corner, Downing Street, St. Paul's Cathedral, Madame Tussauds.
• Special events
Countless musicals, concerts and music events, Notting Hill Carnival, marathons and sports events.
London is the dream destination for anyone who likes shopping. And there's no better place to start your shopping spree than the Oxford and Piccadilly high streets. Regent Street and Harvey Nichols in Knightsbridge are where you'll find the big designer labels.
• Public transport facilities
Public transport in London is very good. The best way to get to the city centre is to take the tube (underground train) or the buses that run every few minutes.
Our school is located on the lower floors of a typical Victorian building in Ealing, West London, just 20 minutes by underground from Heathrow Airport and central London. Ealing is a pleasant place to stay and local accommodation can be arranged by the school.
• 10 classrooms, with access to audio-visual facilities
• British Council, English UK, ALTO, WYSE (formerly FIYTO)
• Student kitchen and a lounge where students can relax and have lunch
• Internet corner with 3 computers and free internet access
• Library Service - Graded readers, grammar and vocabulary books can be borrowed free of charge
In London you can choose between the following English courses:
Standard Course with 20 lessons per week
• 4 lessons per day; 5 days a week from Monday to Friday; 1 lesson = 45 minutes
Intensive Course with 30 lessons per week
• 6 lessons per day; 5 days a week from Monday to Friday; 1 lesson = 45 minutes
• Maximum of 15 students per class
• Ages between 14 and 21 years
• Groups and levels will be set up according to the result of a placement test
In 2 bedded rooms with an English host family with full board, host family live mainly in Ealing. A bus ticket or a weekly ticket is required to go to the school.
• 2 bedded rooms with an English host family
• Full board with packed lunch
• Cleaning once per week
• Bed linen is provided
• Students are requested to bring their own towels
• 15-35 minutes by public transport to the school
• No key deposit
Included in the course price are the following services:
• English language course as selected
- Standard Course - 20 lessons per week, 5 days per week, 1 lesson = 45 minutes
- Intensive Course - 30 lessons per week, 5 days per week, 1 lesson = 45 minutes
Participants are between 14 and 21 years old
All levels, groups will be set up according to the result of a placement test
Course material and books will be lent
Course certificate at the end of the course
• Our school is closed on the following holidays
25 & 28 March 2016, 29 August 2016; 14 & 17 April 2017.
• Activities & Excursions
Sports, welcome party, movie and theater nights, karaoke, sightseeing, student parties and much more.
• Included half- and full-day excursions depending on the length of your stay
1 lesson lasts 45 minutes • All Prices are stated in Euro(€) +1 week price is the price for every additional week after the 4th week Maximum group size: 15 participants • No lessons will be held on these public holidays: 25.03.; 28.03.; 29.08.2016.
Accommodation prices 2016
Host Family - double room - full board
Seasonal surcharges per week
Surcharge on accommodation Surcharge on accommodation Surcharge on accommodation
20/03/2016 19/06/2016 28/08/2016
18/06/2016 27/08/2016 10/09/2016
15 € 45 € 15 €
The weekly accommodation price includes accommodation from Sunday prior to your course until Saturday after your course. Extra nights are available for a supplement. • Prices are stated in Euro(€) +1 week price is the price for every additional week after the 4th week